Follow Us on LinkedIn and Be the First to Know About Our Job Openings
Research Data Analyst III
The person in this role will function as a member of a data analytic team within the Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE), part of the Maine Medical Center Research Institute (MMCRI). The candidate will be expected to work on a combination of grant-funded research projects and quality improvement or service projects for Maine Medical Center and MaineHealth.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have strong skills and experience working with administrative claims data to answer research and health care delivery questions.
- SQL programming and other database administration skills are considered a plus for this position, but are not required.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills will be critical for success in this position, as the candidate will be expected to collaborate with individuals at all levels throughout the organization.
Integrates, cleans, analyzes and presents data in support of the assigned project and/or department. Uses applied statistics, sampling, univariate, multivariate, and time to event analytic techniques which encompass study design, implementation and data management, monitoring and reporting. The individual in this role must be able to work independently.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Education: Master’s degree required.
- Experience: 5-7 years’ experience analyzing data required. 3-5 years in healthcare preferred. Experience in working with large clinical and/or administrative claims databases, including both for management and analysis is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with spreadsheet, relational database, graphics and word processing software is required. Advanced skills with at least one statistical software package is required, e.g SAS, R, STATA, SPSS. Proficiency with multiple statistical software packages is preferred.
- Capable of searching and critically appraising medical literature.
- Ability to work and interact with multiple departments.
- Ability to manage and lead multiple projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential attributes for this position.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.