Maine Medical Partners, Maine’s largest multi-specialty medical group, with a dedicated high quality team of more than 300 physicians that provides a wide range of primary, specialty and sub-specialty care delivered through a network of more than 40 locations in and near Greater Portland.
MMC Human Research Protection Plan (MMC HRPP) is a comprehensive system to ensure the protection of the rights and welfare of subjects. All individuals within Maine Medical Center and the physicians from Maine Medical Partners are responsible to:
- Be aware of the definition of human research.
- Consult with MMC IRB when there is uncertainty about whether an activity if human research.
- Not conduct human research or all human research to be conducted without review and approval by the MMC IRB.
The MMC HRPP is committed to enhancing the responsible conduct of research for the protection of all of our human research participants. We serve to carry out this mission by:
- Promoting an environment of respect and understanding of the rights and welfare of human research participants;
- Ensuring that the risks and benefits of each research study are thoroughly considered;
- Ensuring that our human participants are well-informed of their research rights.
The MMC HRPP adheres to the Principles of The Belmont Report, the Common Rule (45 CFR 46), and Food and Drug Administration regulations relating to human participants (21 CFR Parts 50 and 56) as well as state and institutional policies that govern human participant research.