NOTE: These research positions are only available to rising second year Tufts Maine Track Medical Students.
The MMCRI Maine Track Summer Research Fellowship offers MMC-TUSM Maine Track rising second year students a unique opportunity to conduct research during the months between the first and second year of medical school.
Each year three fellowships are awarded:
During the program students will have the opportunity to attend lectures and workshops featuring topics including bioethics, animal use in biomedical science and scientific presentation skills, as well as the opportunity to attend presentations by guest scientists and MMCRI faculty.
The position carries a stipend of $4500 for a ten week period. Shorter fellowships (minimum 8 weeks) may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Examples of Maine Track Medical Student Presentations
- Identifying Unmet Palliative Care Needs: Use and Utility of the ‘Surprise Question’ in Emergency and Inpatient Settings (Clinical Research: Emergency Medicine)
- High Quality CPR- Assessment and Educational Intervention for Hospital Code Teams through a Simulation-based, Multicenter Study (Clinical Research: Simulation Center)
- Re-evaluating the Threshold for Treatment in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (Clinical Research: Pediatrics)
- Pediatric caregiver experience of the hospital to home transition: satisfiers and dissatisfiers with an emphasis on discharge medication processes (Clinical Research: Pediatrics)
- 10 year cross-sectional study of mechanically assisted crevice corrosion in 1352 consecutive patients with metal-on polyethylene total hip arthroplasty (Clinical Research: Orthopedics)
Email your resume and a statement of research interests to email@example.com.
Questions: Elisabeth Bergst firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: The deadline is February 15, 2017
Students who have a specific research project they would like to conduct should indicate this in their statement. Students who do not have a specific project in mind should indicate their general areas of research interest (basic science, clinical research, outcomes research, etc.) and MMCRI will seek appropriate research mentors.