Mentored Research Grant Program
Rolling Deadline – submit anytime
The Mentored Research Grant Program is designed to encourage and support the intellectual curiosity and research capabilities of our junior physician colleagues throughout Maine Medical Center. As such these awards are expected to generate new knowledge in the biomedical sciences that will be disseminated via presentations and publications to the broader medical and/or public health community.
How to Apply
It is recommended that you allow 6-9 months, depending on project complexity, for proposal development and approval.
2. You will need the following information to apply:
- IRB or IACUC application form, as appropriate
- Research Plan
- Key Personnel Form
- Mentee Research Development Plan
- Departmental Chief/Practice Attestation Form (only if submitting an IACUC application)
- CV or Biosketch for Principal Investigator
- CV or Biosketch for each Co-investigator (if applicable)
- CV or Biosketch for Mentor
- Letter of support from each collaborator (if applicable)
- Relevant articles that are not available on PubMed (PDF)
- Schedule of Events (budget) (mandatory)
NOTE: All proposals are first reviewed for scientific merit by the MMC Scientific Review Committee (SRC) which makes funding recommendations to MMCRI. Final decisions about whether to fund a project are made by MMCRI based on merit and the availability of funds. Studies involving human subjects require IRB review and approval prior to making an award.