Research Grant Applications
- Identify funding opportunities, review and interpret sponsor guidelines, assist with budget development and overall planning of the application, ensuring adherence to MMC policies;
- Provide editing services, updated templates for grant sections and guidance on grantsmanship
- Act as liaison with collaborating institutions on multi-institutional applications
- Review, approve, and submit research applications on behalf of Maine Medical Center
- Develop and negotiate sub-awards on grants with collaborating institutions
- Serve as liaison with Funding Agency, including reporting requirements, prior approval requests and no cost extensions in the post-award phase
Research Related Contracts
- Review, coordinate and process all research-related contracts, including Confidentiality Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements, Registry Agreements, Data Use/Data Transfer Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Research Services Agreements, Research Physician Services Agreements, Memoranda of Understanding (MOU), and corresponding Agreement Amendments.
- Work closely with the Clinical Trials Office and Research Accounting to maintain consistency in contract language in relation to payment and finance terms and conditions.
- Provide general legal recommendations with regard to research services, studies, projects and policy. Consult with Maine Health Legal Affairs, as necessary, to facilitate institutional consistency with regard to legal policy and procedure.
Required Forms & Instructions for Grant Submissions
Resources/Guidelines/Writing Tips: The NIH Application