We offer complete services for immunohistochemistry and immunocytochemistry and we develop and provide customized protocols related to histology, histochemistry and immunohistochemistry.
The facility is equipped with technological instrumentation including a Leica TP1020 Automated Tissue Processor, a Leica XL Autostainer, a Fisher HistoCenter embedding station and Microm microtomes and cryostat.
- Tissue fixation, processing, embedding, and sectioning of paraffin- embedded and frozen specimens
- Plastic embedding and sectioning
- Routine histological stains (e.g., H&E, trichrome, and others);
- Special stains (e.g., Sirius Red, PAS, reticular fiber stain, Voerhoff’s elastic stain, von Kossa, Orcein, van Gieson, and many others)
- Immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, histochemistry, etc.
- Customized characterization of antibodies for immunohistochemistry
- Special procedures (e.g., mammary gland whole mounts, en face preparations of arteries, etc.)
- Custom tissue microarrays
- Performs all histology related services for human specimens obtained through the BioBank at MMCRI
For External Customers
|Tissue processing and embedding (per block)
|Sectioning paraffin (per slide)
|Sectioning paraffin block (curls)
|Embed block frozen (per block)
|Sectioning frozen (per slide)
|Routine H&E (per slide)
|Special Stains (per slide)
|Silver Stain (per slide)
|IHC (Ab offered by Histology Core per slide)
|Antibody work-up (plus cost of Ab if not provided)
Construction price will vary depending on the amount of tissue cores desired. Below are some exemplary tissue array formats available that can also be customized upon request.
- 5mm core/ 15 samples
- 2.0 mm core/ 36 samples
- 2.0 mm core/ 60 samples
- 1.5 mm core/ 98 samples
- 1.5 mm core/ 150 samples
- 1.0 mm core / 180 samples
- 0.6 mm core/ 720 samples
Director: Volkhard Lindner, MD, PhD
Manager: Grazina Armie Mangoba, HTL (ASCP)
Obtain the appropriate Histology request form below. For requests outside the MMC Research Institute, please contact the Manager to arrange services. For in-house requests at the institute, refer to the Tissue Submission Protocols and submit the internal request form and specimens as directed.
Email completed form(s) to email@example.com