We offer complete services for immunohistochemistry and immunocytochemistry and we develop and provide customized protocols related to histology, histochemistry and immunohistochemistry.
The facility is equipped with technological instrumentation including a Leica TP1020 Automated Tissue Processor, a Leica XL Autostainer, a Fisher HistoCenter embedding station and Microm microtomes and cryostat.
- Tissue fixation, processing, embedding, and sectioning of paraffin- embedded and frozen specimens
- Plastic embedding and sectioning
- Routine histological stains (e.g., H&E, trichrome, and others);
- Special stains (e.g., Sirius Red, PAS, reticular fiber stain, Voerhoff’s elastic stain, von Kossa, Orcein, van Gieson, and many others)
- Immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, histochemistry, etc.
- Customized characterization of antibodies for immunohistochemistry
- Special procedures (e.g., mammary gland whole mounts, en face preparations of arteries, etc.)
- Custom tissue microarrays
- Performs all histology related services for human specimens obtained through the BioBank at MMCRI
Director: Volkhard Lindner, MD, PhD
Manager: Grazina Armie Mangoba, HTL (ASCP)
Obtain the appropriate Histology request form below. For requests outside the MMC Research Institute, please contact the Manager to arrange services. For in-house requests at the institute, refer to the Tissue Submission Protocols and submit the internal request form and specimens as directed.
Email completed form(s) to email@example.com