(Left to Right) Josh Passarelli, Li Tian, Dr. Guntur, and Victoria Van Berlo
Maridas DE, Rendina-Ruedy E, Helderman RC, DeMambro VE, Daniel Brooks, Guntur AR, Lanske B, Bouxsein ML, Rosen CJ. Progenitor Recruitment and Adipogenic Lipolysis Contribute to the Anabolic Actions of Parathyroid Hormone on the Skeleton. 2018 FASEB Journal
Guntur AR, Gerencser AA, Le PT, DeMambro VE, Mookerjee SA, Clemmons DE, Brand, MD, and Rosen CJ. Osteoblast like MC3T3-E1 cells prefer glycolysis for ATP production but adipocyte like 3T3-L1 cells prefer oxidative phosphorylation. 2018 Journal of bone and mineral research.
Carvalho AL, DeMambro VE, Guntur AR, Le P, Nagano K, Baron R, de Paula, FJA, and Motyl KJ. High Fat Diet Attenuates Hyperglycemia, Body Composition Changes, and Bone Loss in Male Streptozotocin-Induced Type 1 Diabetic Mice. Journal of cellular physiology 2018 Feb;233(2):1585-1600.
Motyl KJ, Guntur AR Carvalho AL and Rosen CJ. Energy Metabolism of Bone. Toxicologic Pathology 2017 Oct;45(7):887-893.
Rendina-Ruedy E, Guntur AR, and Rosen CJ. Intracellular Lipid Droplets Support Osteoblast Function. Adipocyte 2017 Jul 3;6(3):250-258.
Lee W.-C, Guntur AR, Long F, and Rosen CJ. (2017) Energy Metabolism of the Osteoblast: Implications for Osteoporosis. Endocrine Reviews 38, 255-266
DeMambro VE, Le PT, Guntur AR, Maridas DE, Canalis E, Nagano K, Baron R, Clemmons DR, Rosen CJ. Igfbp2 Deletion in Ovariectomized Mice Enhances Energy Expenditure but Accelerates Bone Loss. Endocrinology. 2015;156(11):4129-40. Epub 2015/08/01. doi: 10.1210/en.2014-1452. PubMed PMID: 26230658; PMCID: Pmc4606757.
2009 Best oral presentation, Biochemistry annual retreat, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
2009 Young Investigator Award, American Society for Bone and Mineral Research.
2015 NIAMS R03
2016 Endo Outstanding abstract travel award
2016 Invited ‘Knockout round’ talk at ENDO
2017 John Haddad Young Investigator Award (AIMM)
2017 Harold Frost Young investigator award (ASBMR)
American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
Peer Reviewer for the Following Journals:
- Mechanisms of Aging and Development
- International Journal of Oral Science
- Stem cell research
- International Immunopharmacology
- Journal of bone and mineral research
Currently Funded Projects
- RO3 3year grant from NIAMS: Role of MITONEET in regulating osteoblast bioenergetics and catabolism. 2016 -2018 Role :PI Guntur Anyonya
- P30GM106391: Robert Friesel PhD (PI) NIH/NIGM (COBRE in Stem and Progenitor Cell Biology) Pilot Project: Aug 2017-18: PI Guntur Anyonya Title Modelling osteoporosis with patient derived iPSCs
- P20GM121301: Liaw Lucy PhD (PI) NIH/NIGM (COBRE in Mesenchymal and neural networks) Pilot Project: Sep 2017-18: PI Guntur Anyonya Title Mitochondrial dysfunction as a mechanism of bone loss in T1D (completed)