It is recommended that you allow 6-9 months, depending on project complexity, for proposal development and approval.
1. You will need to review the Scientific Review/Internal Funding Guidelines & Instructions and gather the following information to apply (which is outlined further in the guidelines & instructions).
- IRB or IACUC application form, as appropriate
- Research Plan
- Key Personnel Form
- Mentee Research Development Plan
- Departmental Chief/Practice Attestation Form (only if submitting an IACUC application)
- CV or Biosketch for Principal Investigator
- CV or Biosketch for each Co-investigator (if applicable)
- CV or Biosketch for Mentor
- Letter of support from each collaborator (if applicable)
- Relevant articles that are not available on PubMed (PDF)
- Schedule of Events (budget) (mandatory)
2. Questions? Contact the Scientific Review Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: All proposals are first reviewed for scientific merit by the MMC Scientific Review Committee (SRC) in collaboration with the Office of Research Ethics and Compliance. Final decisions about whether to fund a project are made by MaineHealth Institute for Research based on merit and the availability of funds. Studies involving human subjects require IRB review and approval prior to making an award.
Have a great research idea but not ready to submit?
Request a Research Studio to help finalize your research for grant submissions! Contact Paige Ahrens with any questions.
Scientific Review Policies & Procedures