The Grants and Contracts Office promotes the research enterprise at Maine Medical Center by assisting Investigators with preparation and submission of grant applications, developing research contracts and sub-award agreements, and managing research grants and contracts once they are awarded.
The Office provides advice on federal research policies, identifies and distributes funding opportunities, provides guidance on legal aspects of research agreements, develops institutional policies and provide a diverse array of assistance to investigators in the grantsmanship and contracting process.
All research grant applications, sub-awards and contracts must be reviewed, finalized and submitted through Maine Medical Center Research Institute’s Grants and Contracts office.
Research Grant Applications
- Identify funding opportunities, review and interpret sponsor guidelines, assist with budget development and overall planning of the application, ensuring adherence to MMC policies;
- Provide editing services, updated templates for grant sections and guidance on grantsmanship
- Act as liaison with collaborating institutions on multi-institutional applications
- Review, approve, and submit research applications on behalf of Maine Medical Center
- Develop and negotiate sub-awards on grants with collaborating institutions
- Serve as liaison with Funding Agency, including reporting requirements, prior approval requests and no cost extensions in the post-award phase
Research Related Contracts
- Review, coordinate and process all research-related contracts, including Confidentiality Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements, Registry Agreements, Data Use/Data Transfer Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Research Services Agreements, Research Physician Services Agreements, Memoranda of Understanding (MOU), and corresponding Agreement Amendments.
- Work closely with the Clinical Trials Office and Research Accounting to maintain consistency in contract language in relation to payment and finance terms and conditions.
- Provide general legal recommendations with regard to research services, studies, projects and policy. Consult with Maine Health Legal Affairs, as necessary, to facilitate institutional consistency with regard to legal policy and procedure.
Senior Grants Administrator
Research Contracts Officer
If you are involved in a research project that is being conducted or being proposed to be conducted at or funded through MMC, or conducted under the auspices of MMC, you are required to complete the financial of interest disclosure below.
Required Forms & Instructions for Grant Submissions
- Pre-submission Form This is a PDF Fillable form. Chrome and Firefox do not support PDF Fillable forms, please download the form first (right-click on the form, save as) then open.
- NIH Grant Proposal Start-up Questionnaire (word doc)
- Start-up Questionnaire Non-Federal Grants (word doc)
- NIH Application Instructions
- NIH Submission Timeline & Checklist
- NIH Proposal At-a-Glance
- Required Grant Documents
- Grant Proposal Timeline
- K Award At-a-Glance
- F32 Award At-a-Glance
- Human Subjects Clinical Trial Instructions
- Fact Sheet for Grants